This Site is offered and made available only to users 16 years of age or older who reside in the United States of America, its territories and possessions ("U.S.") and certain features on this Site (including, but not limited to, user registration and newsletter signups) may be subject to heightened age and/or other eligibility requirements. If you are not yet 16 years old or the required greater age for certain features, do not reside in the U.S. and/or do not meet any other eligibility requirements, please discontinue using the Site immediately or, if for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, please discontinue using the Site immediately, because by using or attempting to use the Site, you certify that you are at least 16 years of age or other required greater age for certain features and meet any other eligibility and residency requirements of the Site.
The words "use" or "using" in this Agreement means any time an individual (a "user"), directly or indirectly, with or without the aid of a machine or device, does or attempts to access, interact with use, display, view, print or copy from the Site, transmit, receive or exchange data or communicate with the Site, or in any way utilizes, benefits, takes advantage of or interacts with any function, service or feature of the Site, for any purpose whatsoever. This Agreement does not cover your rights or responsibilities with respect to third party content or sites or any links that may direct your browser or your connection to third party sites or pages. This is the entire and exclusive Agreement between you and us regarding use of the Site and it cannot be modified, except as specifically described below in Section 2.
2. MODIFICATIONS We reserve the right, at any time and from time to time, for any reason in our sole discretion, to change the terms of this Agreement. We will post or display notices of material changes on the Site and we may also e-mail you about these changes. Once we post them on the Site, these changes become effective immediately and if you use the Site after they become effective it will signify your agreement to be bound by the changes. You should check back frequently and review the terms and conditions of this Agreement regularly so you are aware of the most current rights and obligations that apply to you and the terms and conditions of your agreement with us.
3. OWNERSHIP OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY The contents of this Site, including all Site software, design, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video material, artwork, graphic material, databases, proprietary information and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protectible elements of the Site, including, without limitation, the selection, sequence and 'look and feel' and arrangement of items, and all trademarks, service marks and trade names (individually and/or collectively, "Material"), are the property of the Alestle, and their Affiliates, and any of their successors and assigns, and any of their respective licensors, Advertisers (as defined below), suppliers, and operational service providers and are legally protected, without limitation, under U.S. Federal and State, as well as applicable foreign laws, regulations and treaties. Unless the context clearly requires otherwise or we explicitly say so in writing, the term "Site" includes "Material" as well. The Site is to be used solely for your noncommercial, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable and limited personal use and for no other purposes. You must not alter, delete or conceal any copyright or other notices contained on the Site, including notices on any Material you download, transmit, display, print or reproduce from the Site. You shall not, nor will you allow any third party (whether or not for your benefit) to reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party (including, without limitation, on or via a third party website), or otherwise use, any Material without the express prior written consent of the Alestle or its owner if the Alestle is not the owner. Any unauthorized or prohibited use of any Material may subject you to civil liability, criminal prosecution, or both, under applicable federal, state and local laws. We require users to respect our copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights. We likewise respect the intellectual property of others. On notice, we will act expeditiously to remove content on the Site that infringes the copyright rights of others and will disable the access to the Site and its services of anyone who uses them to repeatedly to infringe the intellectual property rights of others.
We take protection of copyrights, both our own and others, very seriously. We therefore employ multiple measures to prevent copyright infringement over this Site and to promptly end any infringement that might occur. If you believe that the Site contains elements that infringe your copyrights in your work, please follow the procedures set forth in our Copyright Compliance Policy.
4. ADVERTISING From time to time, you may communicate with, receive communications from, be re-directed to, interact with, or participate in or use the services or obtain goods and services of or from, third parties (collectively, the "Advertisers") such as our advertisers, sponsors, or promotional partners as a result of your use of the Site. All such communication, interaction and participation is strictly and solely between you and such Advertisers and we shall not be responsible or liable to you in any way in connection with these activities or transactions (including, without limitation, any representations, warranties, covenants, contracts or other terms or conditions that may exist between you and the Advertiser or any goods or services you may purchase or obtain from any Advertiser).
5. RULES OF CONDUCT Your use of the Site is subject to all applicable local, state, national laws and regulations and, in some cases, international treaties. You are solely responsible for all activities, acts and omissions that occur in, from, through or under your user name or password. You shall not use, allow, or enable others to use the Site, or knowingly condone use of this Site by others, in any manner that is, attempts to, or is likely to:
· be libelous, defamatory, indecent, vulgar or obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit or sexually suggestive, racially, culturally, or ethnically offensive, harmful, harassing, intimidating, threatening, hateful, objectionable, discriminatory, or abusive, or which may or may appear to impersonate anyone else;
· affect us adversely or reflect negatively on us, the Site, our goodwill, name or reputation or cause duress, distress or discomfort to us or anyone else, or discourage any person, firm or enterprise from using all or any portion, features or functions of the Site, or from advertising, linking or becoming a supplier to us in connection with the Site;
· send or result in the transmission of junk e-mail, chain letters, duplicative or unsolicited messages, or so-called "spamming" and "phishing";
· be used for commercial or business purposes, including, without limitation, advertising, marketing or offering goods or services, whether or not for financial or any other form of compensation or through linking with any other website or web pages;
· transmit, distribute or upload programs or material that contain malicious code, such as viruses, timebombs, cancelbots, worms, trojan horses, spyware, or other potentially harmful programs or other material or information;
· forge any TCP/IP packet header or part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting for any reason;
· violate any laws, regulations (including, without limitation, laws regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported from the United States), judicial or governmental order, any treaties or violate or infringe upon any intellectual property rights, rights of publicity or privacy, or any other rights of ours or of any other person, firm or enterprise; gain unauthorized access to the Site, other users' accounts, names, passwords, personally identifiable information or other computers, websites or pages, connected or linked to the Site or to use the Site in any manner which violates or is inconsistent with the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
· modify, disrupt, impair, alter or interfere with the use, features, functions, operation or maintenance of the Site or the rights or use and enjoyment of the Site by any other person, firm or enterprise; or
· collect, obtain, compile, gather, transmit, reproduce, delete, revise, view or display any material or information, whether personally identifiable or not, posted by or concerning any other person, firm or enterprise, in connection with their or your use of the Site, unless you have obtained the express, prior permission of such other person, firm or enterprise to do so.
6. SHOPPING If e-commerce is offered on the Site, all e-commerce is brought to you by The Alestle and its designees. We have no responsibility or liability whatsoever for goods or services you may obtain from or through other websites or web pages, even if you were directed or linked to such a site or page through the Site, nor are we responsible for assisting you in correcting any problem you may experience with Products noted above or for any goods or services not obtained directly on the Site. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO ANY AND ALL PRODUCTS. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY MADE IN WRITING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY AND EVERY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL PRODUCTS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Users that register for the Alestle's wireless marketing services acknowledge, understand and agree that they will be charged by the user's wireless carrier for all messages sent to the user from the Alestle. Standard messaging rates will apply, unless noted otherwise. Under no circumstances will the Alestle, SIUE or any Affiliates be responsible for any wireless email or text messaging charges incurred by a user or by a person that has access to a user's wireless device, telephone number, or email address.
A user understands, acknowledges and agrees that the Alestle may, at its sole discretion and without liability to any user, terminate its offer of any specific wireless marketing service or all wireless marketing services at any time without advance notice. The Alestle may provide notice of terminations or changes in services on this Site.
9. POSTINGS Your comments, suggestions and information are important to us. Portions of this Site may provide you and other users an opportunity to participate in forum services, blogs, web communities and other message and communication facilities (“Communities”) and may provide you with the opportunity, through such Communities or otherwise, to submit, post, display, transmit and/or exchange (a) information, ideas, opinions, messages or other information (“Post” or “Postings”) and (b) User Content (as defined in the User Content Submission Agreement, your submission of which is also governed by the terms and conditions therein, and considered a Posting for purposes of this Agreement. You understand, acknowledge and agree that such Postings are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Postings originated. This means that you are solely and entirely responsible for the consequences of all Postings that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Site. Postings do not reflect the views of the Site, the Parent Companies or the Affiliates. We reserve the right to monitor, edit or screen any Postings. If we determine, in our sole discretion and judgment, that any Posting does or may violate any of the terms of this Agreement, we reserve the right, at any time and without limiting any and all other rights we may have under this Agreement, at law or in equity, to: (a) refuse to allow you to Post; (b) remove and delete Postings; (c) revoke your right to use the Site; and/or (d) use any technological, legal, operational or other means available to us to enforce the provisions of this Agreement, including, without limitation, blocking specific IP addresses or deactivating your registration on the Site.
If a Posting originates from you or your account, you hereby agree that: (a) you specifically authorize the Site and their Affiliates to use such Posting in whole or in part, throughout the universe, in perpetuity in or on any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, and alone or together or as part of other information, content and/or material of any kind or nature; (b) you represent and warrant that (i) the Posting is original to you and/or fully cleared for use as contemplated herein, (ii) the Posting does and will not, in any way, violate or breach any of the terms of this Agreement, (iii) the Posting does not contain libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information, infringe or violate any copyright or other right, or contain any matter the publication or sale of which will violate any federal or state statute or regulation, (iv) the Posting is not obscene or in any other manner unlawful, (v) the Posting shall not be injurious to the health of any user, and (vi) we shall not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of our use or exploitation of the Posting; and (c) if your Posting incorporates the name, logo, brand, service or trademark, voice, likeness or image of any person, firm or enterprise, you specifically represent and warrant that (i) you have the right to grant the Site and their Affiliates the right to use all such Postings as described above, (ii) the Posting was produced in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and (iii) for any User Content Posting that contains original videos, you will comply with any applicable identification verification and record-keeping requirements, and you will secure and maintain the requisite personal information and identification documentation for all individuals who appear in any such original videos, as may be required by law and/or otherwise requested or required by us in connection with our compliance policies and practices, which includes (y) the individual’s full legal name, current address, date of birth and (z) a legible photocopy of a valid government-issued identification document (e.g., a U.S. passport, state driver’s license or valid photo ID card) to verify the individual’s identity. With the submission of each such Posting, you must deliver a full and complete set of such identification verification records to us, as well as a legible photocopy of your valid driver’s license, passport or other acceptable government-issued photo identification for our verification and record-keeping purposes. In addition, you specifically acknowledge and agree to abide by our policies regarding governmental certification procedures relating to the foregoing identification verification and record-keeping procedures and, if applicable, you will promptly comply with any specific requests or directions we give you in connection with Postings you submit that may be subject to these requirements.
You understand, acknowledge and agree that we have the right to delete, re-format and/or change your Postings in any manner that we may determine (although you will not be responsible for any such changes made). The amount of storage space on the Site per user is limited. Some Postings may not be processed due to space constraints or outbound message limitations. You understand, acknowledge and agree that we assume no responsibility for deletion of Postings or any failure to store, receive or deliver Postings in a timely manner or any other matter relating to Postings. Posting is for noncommercial purposes only and you may not Post in any manner which does or is intended to promote or generate revenue for any business enterprise or commercial activity.
If you believe that any content on the Site (including, without limitation, Postings) violates any of the terms of this Agreement (except for any notices covered by the Copyright Compliance Policy, please send us a message about it (please refer to our Copyright Compliance Policy for any notices covered by the Copyright Compliance Policy). We cannot guarantee that we will respond to your message and we reserve the right to take or refrain from taking any or all steps available to us once we receive any such message.
10. CONTESTS, SWEEPSTAKES, AUCTIONS AND PROMOTIONS From time to time, the Affiliates or the Site's operational service providers, suppliers, and Advertisers, may conduct promotions on or through the Site, including, without limitation, auctions, contests and sweepstakes ("Promotions"). Each Promotion may have Additional Terms and/or Rules which will be posted or otherwise made available to you and, for purposes of each Promotion, will be deemed incorporated into and form a part of this Agreement.
11. PODCASTING The Site may provide podcasts ("Podcasts") consisting of selected audio content from the Site that is provided over the Internet using an XML feed and an associated audio file so that the audio file may be downloaded and played from a user's computer or transferred to a portable listening device. Certain software and hardware is required for users to download and play Podcasts.
Podcasts are protected by United States Federal and State laws, and applicable foreign laws, regulations and treaties, and all rights in and to the Podcasts are reserved to The Alestle or the content provider. Podcasts are available for personal, noncommercial use only and you may download, copy and/or transfer to a portable listening device or a computer the Podcasts for your personal, non-commercial use only. You shall not, nor will you allow any third party to reproduce, modify, create derivative works of, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast or circulate to any third party, or otherwise use any Podcasts except as expressly authorized in this Section 11.
By your access to and use of Podcasts, you understand, acknowledge and agree that the Site, the Parent Companies and their Affiliates do not warrant that its podcasting service will operate on all user equipment. Please see the "Disclaimer and Limitations of Liability" section below for further details.
13. DEACTIVATION/TERMINATION OF YOUR REGISTRATION OR USE You may deactivate your account (i.e., deleting your profile) on the Site, at any time and for any reason. We may terminate your use of and registration on the Site, at any time and for any reason, with or without cause, without prior notice to you and without any liability or further obligation of any kind whatsoever to you or any other party.
14. ADS AND MALWARE We take great care and pride in creating this Site. We are always on the lookout for technical glitches that effect how the Site works. When we find them on our end, we will fix them. Unfortunately, your home computer may cause some glitches that effect how you see our Site -- and that is beyond our control.
If you experience any unusual behavior, content or ads on the Site, it may be the result of Malware on your computer. Malware -- short for MALicious softWARE -- is a term used to broadly classify a form of software which is installed in a computer system with malicious intentions, usually without the owner's knowledge or permission. Malware includes computer viruses, key loggers, malicious active content, rogue programs and dialers, among others. While we continuously work closely with our partners to ensure that everything on the Site is working properly, sometimes Malware programs on your personal computer may interfere with your experience on our Site and on other sites that you visit.
Please note that we cannot be responsible for the effects of any third-party software including Malware on your computer system. Please make sure to carefully read the Help or Customer Support areas of any software download site.
15. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY THIS SITE, AND ALL MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND POSTINGS ARE MADE AVAILABLE ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OR ANY GUARANTY OR ASSURANCE THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR USE, OR THAT ALL PRODUCTS, FEATURES, FUNCTIONS OR OPERATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE OR PERFORM AS DESCRIBED. Without limiting the foregoing, we are not responsible or liable for any malicious code, delays, inaccuracies, errors, or omissions arising out of your use of the Site. You understand, acknowledge and agree that you are assuming the entire risk as to the quality, accuracy, performance, timeliness, adequacy, completeness, correctness, authenticity, security and validity of any and all features and functions of the Site, including, without limitation, Postings and Materials associated with your use of the Site.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, THIS SITE, THE PARENT COMPANIES, ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, LICENSORS, OPERATIONAL SERVICE PROVIDERS, ADVERTISERS, OR SUPPLIERS, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, OF ANY KIND, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, IN CONNECTION WITH OR ARISING FROM USE OF THE SITE OR FROM THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
Notwithstanding any claim that a sole or exclusive remedy which is provided in this Agreement may or does fail of its essential purpose, you specifically acknowledge and agree that your sole and exclusive remedy for any loss or damage shall be to have the Alestle, upon written notice from you to us, attempt to repair, correct or replace any deficient goods or services under this Agreement and, if repair, correction or replacement is not reasonably commercially practicable for the Alestle, to refund any monies actually paid by you for the Products involved and to terminate and discontinue your use of the Site. You further understand and acknowledge the capacity of the Site, in the aggregate and for each user, is limited. Consequently some messages and transmissions may not be processed in a timely fashion or at all, and some features or functions may be restricted or delayed or become completely inoperable. As a result, you acknowledge and agree that the Alestle and its Parent Companies assume no liability, responsibility or obligation to transmit, process, store, receive or deliver transactions or Postings or for any failure or delay associated with any Postings and you are hereby expressly advised not to rely upon the timeliness or performance of the Site for any transactions or Postings. Some jurisdictions do not allow for the exclusion of certain warranties or certain limitations on damages and remedies, accordingly some of the exclusions and limitations described in this Agreement may not apply to you.
16. INDEMNIFICATION You agree to indemnify, defend and hold the Site, the Parent Companies, and any of their Affiliates, or any of their successors and assigns, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, licensors, Advertisers, suppliers, and operational service providers harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees), resulting from any breach or violation of this Agreement by you, or public posting of your Postings.
The the Alestle reserves the right to assume, at its sole expense, the exclusive defense and control of any such claim or action and all negotiations for settlement or compromise, and you agree to fully cooperate with the Alestle in the defense of any such claim, action, settlement or compromise negotiations, as requested by the Alestle.
This Agreement and your use of the Site is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the internal substantive laws of the State of Illinois (notwithstanding the State's conflict of laws provisions) applicable to contracts made, executed and wholly performed in Illinois, and, for the purposes of any and all legal or equitable actions, you specifically agree and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the State and Federal Courts situated in the State and County of Illinois and agree you will not object to such jurisdiction or venue on the grounds of lack of personal jurisdiction, forum non conveniens or otherwise. To the extent it may be applicable, you agree to opt out from and expressly exclude any applicability of the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act. IN ANY ACTION OR PROCEEDING COMMENCED TO ENFORCE ANY RIGHT OR OBLIGATION OF THE PARTIES UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR WITH RESPECT TO THE SUBJECT MATTER HEREOF, YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT YOU MAY NOW HAVE OR HEREAFTER POSSESS TO A TRIAL BY JURY.
Copyright ©2011 The Alestle of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville - All Rights Reserve
USER CONTENT SUBMISSION AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must meet the Age Requirements in Section 2 of this Agreement and each and every time you submit or attempt to submit User Content, among other things, you will be asked to confirm your compliance.
Each time you upload or submit User Content (or if you attempt to do so) you will be confirming your acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, all the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Instructions for uploading User Content can be found on the Site’s web page for the upload of User Content. To be considered for posting and display to the public, User Content must meet all the specifications and requirements relating to formatting, compatibility, operating characteristics and submission which can also be found on the Site’s web page for the upload of User Content. In order to submit User Content, you will also need to meet our Age Requirements (see Section 2 below).
When you submit User Content you may also be asked to provide some information about you and your submission. This may include, without limitation, such things as a descriptive title, some information about the User Content, length, your location and/or similar information. By submitting User Content, you are also agreeing and you understand that the term “User Content” also includes, without limitation, and refers to all of the information you submit or we may receive that is related to your submission. Always keep a copy of anything you send because we are not responsible for lost, damaged, misdirected, unusable or unreadable User Content. Proof that you submitted User Content does not constitute proof that we received anything.
3. User Content Standards; Unauthorized Content. You are solely responsible and liable for your communications and submissions (and the consequences) made under your name, user name, email address, password and your registration and profile information, if any. User Content does not reflect the views of The Alestle, and neither The Alestle, nor does any of the Parent Companies or the Affiliates represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any User Content, nor endorses or supports any opinions expressed in any User Content. In no event shall The Alestle, the Parent Companies or the Affiliates have or be construed to have any responsibility or liability for or in connection with any User Content. If we determine, in our sole discretion, you have not met the Age Requirements (see Section 2 above) or if, in our judgment, you or any User Content you submit violates this Agreement, we reserve the right, at any time, without notice and without limiting any and all other rights we may have under this Agreement, at law or in equity, to (a) refuse to allow you to submit further User Content, (b) remove and delete your User Content, (c) revoke your registration and right to use the User Content Submission Features and (d) use any technological, legal, operational or other means available to enforce the terms of this Agreement, including, without limitation, blocking specific IP addresses or deactivating your registration, access using your e-mail address, your user name and password.
We make no claim the User Content Submission Features or any User Content are appropriate for any particular purpose or audience, or that any video, software or our User Content Submission Features may be accessed, used or downloaded outside of the United States, which may not be legal for certain persons or in certain countries and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for compliance with the laws of your jurisdiction. The United States controls the export of products and information and you agree to comply with such restrictions and not to export or re-export any User Content including videos, information, software, materials, products or services to countries or persons prohibited under the export control laws and regulations.
· infringing on a third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights;
· causing harm, harassing anyone or which may prevent, prohibit, inhibit, restrict or otherwise impair others from using or enjoying the Site;
· unauthorized access to the User Content Submission Features or information of other users;
· the modification, impairment, disruption, alteration or interference with the use, features, functions, operation or maintenance of the User Content Submission Features; or
· any requirements, rules, terms or conditions that may be applicable to the User Content Submission Features.
Neither The Alestle nor the Parent Companies or the Affiliates control any User Content submitted, although we may use both automated and manual means of reviewing User Content in order to prevent Unauthorized Content from appearing and being displayed on our Site. The Alestle reserves the right to review any submitted User Content and to delete, remove, move, edit or reject, without notice to you, any User Content that we deem, in our sole discretion, abusive, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, in violation of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights, to be in violation of this Agreement or to be unacceptable to The Alestle or the Parent Companies or Affiliates, for any reason or for no reason whatsoever; provided, however, that The Alestle shall have no obligation or liability to you for failure to do so or for doing so in any particular manner. If The Alestle receives notice of any claim of infringement that satisfies specific legal requirements, such as notice and takedown requirements under U.S. copyright law (see Section 4 below), we may remove User Content associated with such claim. The Alestle reserves the right to provide information to law enforcement officials, governmental agencies and pursuant to judicial or regulatory compulsion, to protect their respective interests, the Site or to comply with legal, regulatory, audit and compliance obligations.
4. Copyright Infringement. If you believe any User Content violates the copyright of any other party, you can notify us by complying with the procedures set forth in our Copyright Compliance Policy.
5. Rights Granted to The Alestle. In connection with all User Content you submit using the User Content Submission Features, you grant to The Alestle, the Parent Companies and the Affiliates, the unqualified, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right, license, authorization and permission, in any form or format, on or through any media or medium and with any technology or devices now known or hereafter developed or discovered, in whole or in part, to host, cache, store, maintain, use, reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, perform, publish, broadcast, transmit, modify, prepare derivative works of, adapt, reformat, translate, and otherwise exploit all or any portion of your User Content on the Site and any other channels, services, and other distribution platforms, whether currently existing or existing or developed in the future, of The Alestle, the Parent Companies and the Affiliates (collectively, the “Platforms”), for any purpose whatsoever (including, without limitation, for any promotional purposes) without accounting, notification, credit or other obligation to you, and the right to license and sub-license and authorize others to exercise any of the rights granted hereunder to The Alestle, the Parent Companies and Affiliates, in our sole discretion. For the avoidance of doubt, without limiting the generality of the rights granted to The Alestle, the Parent Companies and the Affiliates, these rights include, without limitation, the right to create derivative works of, distribute and synchronize all or any portion of your User Content in timed relation to any other visual elements; to web cast, podcast, re-publish, re-broadcast, re-platform, port, syndicate, route, and link to and from all or any portion of your User Content; to encrypt, encode and decode, and compress and decompress all or any portion of your User Content; to edit, mix, combine, merge, distort, superimpose, create or add special effects, illusions and/or other material to or of all or any portion of your User Content; to create composite, stunt, comic or unusual photographs, videos, animations, motion pictures and/or voice reproductions from all or a portion of your User Content; and to excerpt and/or extract portions of your User Content in order to host, store, index, categorize and display your User Content on or through the Platforms.
By submitting User Content, in addition to the rights, licenses and privileges referred to above, you are also granting The Alestle, the Parent Companies and the Affiliates, the unqualified, unrestricted, unconditional, unlimited, worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right, license, authorization and permission to use and refer to your name, logo, marks, image, characteristic or other distinctive identification in presentations, marketing materials, customer lists and financial reports, to do, perform, take advantage of and exploit any and all of the rights set forth herein in connection with the marketing, advertising and promotion of the Platforms, and any products, goods, features, functions, capabilities and/or services associated with The Alestle, the Parent Companies and Affiliates and to use and otherwise exploit any ideas, concepts, content, material, expression or form of expression, in whole or in part, contained in your User Content, for any purpose whatsoever, without any credit, compensation or accounting to you, in products or services developed by The Alestle, the Parent Companies and the Affiliates, without limitation or restriction whatsoever.
The rights, licenses and privileges described in this Agreement and granted to The Alestle, the Parent Companies and the Affiliates, shall commence immediately upon submission of your User Content to or through the User Content Submission Features and continue thereafter perpetually and indefinitely, regardless of whether you continue or remain a registered user or not, unless and until terminated, in whole or in part, by The Alestle on notice to you. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you acknowledge and agree that neither The Alestle, nor the Parent Companies or the Affiliates, shall be required or have any obligation to host, index, display, accept or use any submitted User Content (or take advantage of any or all of the particular rights and authorities granted or otherwise available) and The Alestle may, in its sole discretion, remove or refuse to host, index, display, accept, use or do anything at all with respect to any User Content. Once you submit or attempt to submit User Content you shall have no right to prohibit, restrict, revoke or terminate any of the rights granted to The Alestle or the Parent Companies or the Affiliates. You are not entitled to and you will not receive any compensation or other consideration for your User Content or any use made of your User Content once submitted. You also understand and agree that neither all or any portion of your User Content, nor any commercial, advertisement, promotional, marketing or other material associated with your User Content, need to be submitted for approval prior to use.
You hereby release The Alestle, the Parent Companies and the Affiliates from any and all claims of any rights, encumbrances, liens, claims, demands, actions or suits which you may or can have in connection with your User Content, including, without limitation, any and all liability for any use or non-use of the your User Content, claims for defamation, libel, slander, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, emotional distress or economic loss. The Alestle, and the Parent Companies and the Affiliates, have the right to assign, transfer, convey, license, sub-license and otherwise transfer, sub-contract, delegate, outsource or engage third parties to perform or benefit from all or any portion of its or their rights and/or obligations to any one or more other parties, without accounting, reporting, notification or other obligation or liability to you whatsoever, now or in the future. You also forever waive and relinquish all moral rights or droit moral now or hereafter recognized in connection with your User Content and the rights granted to The Alestle, the Parent Companies and the Affiliates hereunder.
The Alestle has the right to license, authorize and/or otherwise enter into agreements and arrangements with any Parent Companies or the Affiliates to do or perform any of the activities, exercise any of the rights and/or undertake any of the responsibilities granted or imposed under this Agreement, in whole or in part. To the extent The Alestle does so, when you submit User Content each such Parent Company and Affiliate shall be entitled to exercise and benefit from the terms and conditions, rights, licenses and authorizations granted to The Alestle hereunder and related thereto as if you had entered into this Agreement with such Parent Company or Affiliate directly.
6. Ownership. The Alestle retains all right, title and interest in and to the User Content Submission Features, including, without limitation, to all associated intellectual property and proprietary rights existing anywhere in the world and you acquire no ownership, proprietary or other rights, title or interest in or to the User Content Submission Features.
Except for the licenses, authorizations, consents and rights granted hereunder and described in this Agreement, as comprehensive and broad as they may seem or actually be, The Alestle acquires no title or ownership rights in or to any User Content you submit and nothing in this Agreement conveys to us any ownership rights in your User Content. The Alestle is acting only as a host, bulletin board or conduit for submitted User Content, with all of the specific rights granted by you hereunder. Although by your submission of any User Content you are requesting and directing us and any of the Parent Companies or the Affiliates with whom we have made arrangements, to take advantage of and exploit all of the rights and privileges granted hereunder (including, without limitation, the right to display and post the User Content on the Platforms), neither we, nor any of the Parent Companies or the Affiliates have any obligation to do any of these things.
You acknowledge that other persons may have submitted User Content to us, may have made public or developed, or may originate, submit, make public or develop, material similar or identical to all or a portion of your User Content or concepts contained therein, and you understand and agree you will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use or exploitation thereof and the submission of User Content, or any posting or display thereof, is not any admission of novelty, priority or originality. Even if you subsequently see or learn of a presentation, motion picture, still photograph, film, video or any other content which appears to incorporate any idea or concept or include anything similar or identical to that contained in any User Content you or anyone else submits, that is purely coincidental and unavoidable.
7. Financial Consideration. The Alestle and its designees reserve the sole and exclusive right to sell advertising and otherwise exploit, benefit from and/or realize revenue from the conduct of its business and operating the Site, the User Content Submission Features or other Platforms and any and all arrangements made with respect thereto, without accounting, obligation or liability to you, notwithstanding that your User Content may be displayed on or otherwise used by or in connection with the Site, the User Content Submission Features or other Platforms.
9. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability. THE USER CONTENT SUBMISSION FEATURES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITH NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED AND YOUR USE OF THE USER CONTENT SUBMISSION FEATURES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR USER CONTENT, THE REPRESENTATIONS AND OBLIGATIONS UNDER THIS AGREEMENT AND FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR USER CONTENT SUBMISSION FEATURES. The Alestle EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES CONCERNING ACCESS TO AND/OR THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, USEFULNESS AND/OR SECURITY OF THE SITE OR USER CONTENT SUBMISSION FEATURES, ANY CONTENT, MATERIAL, SOFTWARE, INFORMATION, DATA, SOFTWARE, CAPABILITIES MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU, RESOURCES, FACILITIES, PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR THAT THE USER CONTENT SUBMISSION FEATURES WILL FUNCTION OR PERFORM IN ANY PARTICULAR MANNER.
THE SITE AND USER CONTENT SUBMISSION FEATURES ARE MAINTAINED ON SERVERS IN THE UNITED STATES INTENDED FOR USERS AND USE OF THE USER CONTENT SUBMISSION FEATURES THAT ARE NOT RESTRICTED OR PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. The Alestle DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY USE NOT SPECIFICALLY AUTHORIZED OR THAT IS IN VIOLATION OF THIS AGREEMENT OR THE LAWS OR REGULATIONS THAT MAY APPLY TO YOU IN ANY JURISDICTION OR COUNTRY. The Alestle EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, WHETHER DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER ARISING OR CAUSED, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION OR THE BASIS OR CHARACTERIZATION OF THE CLAIM AND EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
This User Content Submission Agreement was last modified on Sept. 14, 2011 and is effective immediately.
Copyright ©2011 The Alestle of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville - All Rights Reserve
COPYRIGHT COMPLIANCE POLICY
This is the official copyright compliance policy (“Copyright Compliance Policy”) for www.alestlelive.com ("Site," "we," "us," or "our"), a division of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (collectively, the “Parent Companies”). This Copyright Compliance Policy sets forth the procedures undertaken by The Alestle to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement from copyright owners and terminating the accounts of repeat infringers and does not cover any other procedures, for any other purpose, or the procedures of the Parent Companies or any subsidiaries and affiliates of the Parent Companies (collectively, “Affiliates”), or any other company, unless specifically stated.
We take protection of copyrights, both our own and others, very seriously. We therefore employ multiple measures to prevent copyright infringement over this Site and to promptly end any infringement that might occur.
How to Send a Notice of Copyright Infringement
In you are a copyright owner (or the owner’s authorized agent) and have a good-faith belief that material on our website infringes one of your copyrights, you may notify us using this procedure. In order for us to process your notice of copyright infringement, it must be sent to the representative designated below and must include the information specified below. When we receive a notice under this procedure, we will expeditiously remove or disable access to the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity during and after such investigation warrants.
Send your notice of infringement to:
Alestle Program Director
SIUE Morris University Center Rm 2022
Edwardsville, IL 62026
Email Address of Designated Agent:
DO NOT SEND ANY INQUIRIES UNRELATED TO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT (e.g., REQUESTS FOR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR CUSTOMER SERVICE, REPORTS OR E-MAIL ABUSE, etc.) TO THE CONTACT LISTED ABOVE. YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE IF SENT TO THAT CONTACT.
Your notice of infringement must be a written communication provided to the representative designated above that includes substantially the following information:
(1) A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(2) Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on our Site is covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works on our Site.
(3) Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
(4) Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
(5) A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
(6) A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
WE CAUTION YOU THAT IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE CONTENT IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER'S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY
How to Send a Counternotice If Your Posting Was Removed in Response to a Notice of Infringement
If we receive a notice of infringement sent to our designated representative with the information described above, we will expeditiously remove or block access to the material that is claimed to be infringing during or after an investigation warrants. We will also send a notification to the user who posted the material, at the email address provided by the user in connection with his or her account with us, telling the user that the material was removed or access to it was blocked because of claimed infringement.
If you are a user who posted material that was removed in response to a notice of infringement and you believe that material was removed due to mistake or misidentification, you may request that we replace the posting by sending us a counternotice as follows:
You must send the counternotice to our designated representative for receiving notices of infringement, whose name and contact information is above.
Your counternotice must be a written communication sent and must include substantially the following information:
(1) A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber (you the user).
(2) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
(3) A statement under penalty of perjury that the user has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
(4) The user’s name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the user consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the user’s address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the user will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of copyright infringement or an agent of such person.
WE CAUTION YOU THAT IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE CONTENT IS NOT INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER'S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
Repeat Infringement Policy
We have a policy of terminating the accounts of repeat infringers. A repeat infringer includes any user who has made two or more Postings for which we receive a notice of infringement under this Copyright Compliance Policy. Each user agrees that if his or her account is terminated pursuant to this Copyright Compliance Policy, the user will not attempt to establish a new account under any name, real or assumed, and further agrees that if the user violates this restriction by opening a new account after being terminated pursuant to this Copyright Compliance Policy, the user shall indemnify and hold us harmless for any and all liability that we may incur therefore.
Sole Statement: This document is the sole statement of the Copyright Compliance Policy with respect to this Site, and no summary, restatement or other version thereof, or other statement or policy, in any form, including, without limitation, machine-generated, is valid.
This Copyright Compliance Policy was last modified on Sept. 15, 2011 and is effective immediately.
Copyright ©2011 The Alestle of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville - All Rights Reserved.
Some features of Alestlelive.com require detailed contact information, including but not limited to, name, address, city, state, zip code, phone and email. This information is used to allow us to respond to inquiries for additional information. We will only disclose this information when/if we are legally required to do so. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to, the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Web site and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Web site. This policy does not, however, constitute waiver by Alestlelive.com or its staff of any applicable statutory or constitutional privilege protecting the confidentiality of newsgathering sources or information.
Features on our website may give you the chance to communicate with other site visitors through blogs, forums and comments. When you use these features, other visitors may collect your data. This is usually in the form of your username or “screen name.” Ad server companies may collect information such as your domain type, your IP address and clickstream information.
We do not rent, sell, trade or otherwise release the information given to us by site visitors. It is not our policy to send spam or unsolicited emails to you. While some features may be unavailable without disclosure of contact information, visitors have the option to opt-out.
Our postal address is:
Morris University Center Rm. 2022
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
Edwardsville, IL 62026
We can be reached via:
e-mail at email@example.com,
or by telephone at (618) 650-3528.
Our web server automatically recognizes information regarding each visitor’s domain and browser type to best display the page requested. The server then discards that information.
Alestlelive.com collects unique identifying information on users who:
• post comments to article pages
• post comments to news logs or community blogs
• communicate with staff members of the Alestle via e-mail
Alestlelive.com reserves the right to aggregate information regarding what pages consumers access or visit and information volunteered by the consumer, such as:
• survey information
• site registrations
• telephone number
• fax number
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our web page. If you supply us with your address, telephone number or email, you will only receive the information for which you provided us that contact information. If you do not want to receive email from us in the future, please let us know by sending us email at the above address or by using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email you wish to discontinue. For security and legal reasons, Alestlelive.com will not provide any information we have collected to anyone, even the person the information has been collected about. Upon request, we offer visitors the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in contact information. Community members can request that this information corrected by sending an email at the above address.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change in the future, we will contact you before we use your data for these new purposes to notify you of the policy change and to provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above addresses or phone number
We do not knowingly collect information from children since we assume all visitors to Alestlelive.com are of legal age. Content on Alestlelive.com may not be appropriate for children and may contain mature material. Parental guidance is encouraged.
Copyright ©2011 The Alestle of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville - All Rights Reserved.