So I know this is a music blog, but as an Oscar enthusiast I feel like I owe it to myself to dedicate a blog entry to my winner predictions.
Before I begin, I want to say that the nominations are kind of like sports teams (ugh, a sports reference). People can argue all day over who is better, who deserves this or that, or who got screwed over in the end, so if you don’t agree with me, then that’s okay, I can’t see your reaction anyway. That’s what’s great about the internet.
That and the millions of Youtube videos that I use to completely waste hours of my days that could be spent doing something more productive, but I’m getting off track.
Here are my 2012 Academy Award Winner Predictions:
*note: I haven’t actually seen every movie that’s nominated, so my guesses are mostly based on reviews that I’ve read, past award shows, and random crap I read online…I hope this means I’m still semi-credible.
- Best Picture: The Artist
I told a friend back in December that I predicted this movie would win best picture, so I feel obliged to stick with my promise. Good luck buddy! Don’t let me down.
- Best Actor: George Clooney, The
I’m not much of a Clooney fan myself, but this movie has been kicking ass with various nominations and award show wins, so I’ll put my faith in George this time around.
- Best Actress: Michelle Williams, My Week with
I’m a fan of Michelle Williams. I like her subtly and her pure talent. I’m also a fan of Marilyn Monroe, so when I combine the two, it is Oscar gold for me.
- Best Supporting Actor: Jonah Hill,
I’m going with Jonah because I love nothing more than to support the underdog, and I love that he surprised everyone with this performance.
- Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Mccarthy,
I actually saw this movie and loved it. Mccarthy was brilliant and I loved her brand of humor. I’ve been a fan of hers since her Gilmore Girls days, and it’s great to see her succeed.
……and here are the rest of my guesses for the categories that I don’t have an explanation for, just to see how many I can guess correctly.
- Best Director: Martin Scorsese- Hugo
- Original Screenplay: Bridesmaids
- Adapted Screenplay: The Ides of March
- Foreign Film: Monsieur Lazhar (go Canada!)
- Animated Film: Rango
- Art Direction: The Artist
- Cinematography: The Artist
- Costume Design: The Artist
- Feature Documentary: Pina
- Short Documentary: Saving Face
- Film Editing: Hugo
- Makeup: The Iron Lady
- Original Music Score: The Adventures of Tintin
- Music Original Song: “Man or Muppet”….The Muppets
- Animated Short Film: A Morning Stroll
- Live Action Short Film: The Shore
- Sound Editing: Drive
- Sound Mixing: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
- Visual Effects: Hugo